• Advertisement
Future Catfishingpro.com Member

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you access to view most discussions.. By joining our free catfishing community, you will have full access to all our catfishing forums, ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content,create your own catfish picture gallery and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please,
join our community today
! Any issues please contact us

Catfishing Stories

Talk with the pro's about everything Catfishing flathead catfishing, blue catfishing, channel catfishing

Share |

Catfishing Stories

Postby admin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:49 pm

After reading this from nokesvilleredneck. I thought maybe we should start a thread with our Catfishing stories.
I know me and Smoke have some pretty good stories ya'll might like to read,lol Like the one when to girls came paddlin a boat up to us in there underwear???? LOL So lets hear em guys!!

nokesvilleredneck wrote:yeah the trip was good we ended up fishing the potomac river for friday and saturday fished 14 hours each night biggest off there was 32 but a mean 32 to say the least sunday me and my cuzin and a buddy of mine went to the james it was my buddies first time down there fished with jim pauley went way down river after bout 2 hours we got hit by a really nasty storm had 70 mph winds in it 4 ft rollers felt like i was out in the bay ive been in alot of bad weather out there but that was by farrrrr the worst we couldnt make it back to the ramp we launched out of took us almost 30 min to go bout 400 yards thats how bad it was got up in the harbor and got tied off which was fun :? i got off the boat and looked at jim and sayed im glad you didnt turn the spot light on prolly would have scared the hell out of us to see what we were going through but we made it off the water safe and sound with no fish put in the boat buttttt no one got hurt and we still had our lives was good enough for me .. we will gettem next time
Catfishingpro.com Founder
admin
Founder
Founder

Have thanks: 24 times
Primary Waters Fished: Wabash River, Ohio River
Name: Josh
Personal Best Catfish: 53lb Flathead

Re: Catfishing Stories

Postby Kurtis » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:03 pm

Allright you got me lets hear about the girls in their underware.
Bottom Dwellers Tackle Pro Staff
Drift Master Rod Holders Pro Staff
Kurtis
CFPro Veteran Member
CFPro Veteran Member

Have thanks: 12 times
Primary Waters Fished: Rivers
Name: Hettinger

Postby admin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:20 pm

Kurtis wrote:Allright you got me lets hear about the girls in their underware.

Lmao I'm gonna let Smoke tell this one since he was "right there" to see it all,lol :lol:
admin
Founder
Founder

Postby bowhunter63 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Now thats got a be good story...lol
Catfishing my drug of choice
bowhunter63
CFPro
CFPro

Have thanks: 0 time
Primary Waters Fished: James river,Stockton,lake of the Ozarks
Name: Scott

Postby Fishgeek » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:50 pm

I have no fishing story to match girls canoeing in their underwear so I'm not wasting my time or your time with one of my lame posts!
CatfishingPro Tech Writer

Illegitimi non carborundum!
Fishgeek
CFPro
CFPro

Have thanks: 11 times
Primary Waters Fished: Wabash River
Name: Matt

Postby admin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Fishgeek wrote:I have no fishing story to match girls canoeing in their underwear so I'm not wasting my time or your time with one of my lame posts!

Come on now Matt lets hear it!!
admin
Founder
Founder

Postby Kurtis » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:25 am

I have a fish tail for you but it realy belongs to my mother. When I was just a little guy I was fishing with my family at Buckeye Lake here in Ohio. My mother was fishing for blue gill useing a bottem rig when she snagged a piece of line. Now she has always hated it when peaple just leave their old line on the bank or in the water. So she started to dragg this line in that she had snagged. After pulling in a fair amount of line she pulled up a six foot rod with a Zebco 33 reel on it. She drained the water out of it cleaned it up a little and said it looked like it still worked OK. She then started reeling up all the line she had on the ground in front of her. After she had that back in the reel, she started reeling in the line that was still in the water. In short order she realized that there was a fish on the end of that line. It was fairly tired and came in quietly, it turned out to be a 7 lb. channel cat.
That was the only time I have ever seen anyone catch a reel and a fish at the same time.
Bottom Dwellers Tackle Pro Staff
Drift Master Rod Holders Pro Staff
Kurtis
CFPro Veteran Member
CFPro Veteran Member

Have thanks: 12 times
Primary Waters Fished: Rivers
Name: Hettinger

Postby BIGCATFISH64 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:09 pm

This isn't a catfishing story but a fishing story never the less. Quite a few years back a buddy of mine and I went trout fishing in southern California at the Santa ana river lakes, we were all jazzed to go cause we haven't been for a while, so we get there and pull out our gear and line things up ready to fish. There was a 30ft. steep bank we had to walk down to get to the spot we wanted to fish so we grab our gear and headed down, as I was scanning the water and not paying attention to my friend I here " OHHHHH S*#T " I turn in time to watch my buddy rolling head over heels down the bank landing straight up in a sitting position waist deep in the water, mind you it was about 40 degrees outside at 5am I about crapped myself laughing so hard as I hear him go through every cuss word imaginable, I was driving and told him I'm here to fish and you know that I'm not going home and with face glowing red he stood up climbed back up the hill took his clothes off rang em' out got dressed gathered wood and started a fire and didn't say a word for a couple of hours. We laughed our asses off later that day and caught plenty of fish. My friend hass passed since then and it's always something I can look back on to remember him by!

R.I.P. STEVE CURTIN
BIGCATFISH64
CFPro
CFPro

Primary Waters Fished: Salamonie, Wabash, and Ohio rivers
Name: DOUG

Postby smoke14 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Ok here we go...we are sitting on the river bank fishing having a good time and it is around 12 am when we see this spot light coming down the far bank. We are sitting up there in the dark and this boat is heading right for a rock bar in the river. So we go down there with out head lamps and help this them in. There is a woman sitting on the front of the boat I reach my hand out and grab the paddle to pull them to shore. I about pull her out of the Baltic and when I get them up to the bank she is sitting on the bow in her panties and a t-shirt. Another woman stands up and she is also in her panties and the one guy on the boat says yeah we must have hit something up there in the river and I lost my nut off the blade for the trollling motor.I believe he lost his nut alright if ya know what I mean...lol...Now josh needs to tell the story about tami with a I......Lmao..
WWW.bottomdwellerstackle.com pro staff
driftmaster rod holder pro staff
smoke14
Netboy!
Netboy!

Primary Waters Fished: Any where there is a Catfish
Name: Kris
Personal Best Catfish: 30#FLATHEAD20#BLUE19.7#CHANNEL

Postby flats1975 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:56 am

Here is a fishing story , I was at the local canal catching gills for a night of fishing ,When I noticed something in the water , I looked like a foot , As I looked closer saw the rest of it there was a childs body in the water , Dont stop reading , I called the police and DNR came down they shut the canal down they brought the boat out , The police intergating me , I am freaking out when they pulled the body out , Well it turned out that it was manacan , There was some kids down there taking video of it laughing about , the police talked to them , It turned out they put it in there as a joke , I was not laughing
PRACTICE C. P. R.
flats1975
CFPro
CFPro

Primary Waters Fished: rivers
Name: michael

Next

• Advertisement

Return to General Catfishing