• Advertisement
Future Catfishingpro.com Member

CatfishingPro.com does not support alternative methods of catfishing. Jugging,Limblining,Trotlining,Noodling,Paylake Fishing
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you access to view most discussions.. By joining our free catfishing community, you will have full access to all our catfishing forums, ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content,create your own catfish picture gallery and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please,
join our community today
! Any issues please contact us

Attractants added to cut baits

Catfishing Baits Talk Forum. Anything related to catfishing baits, baiting tips, bait presentation, storing baits, bait selection,

Share |

Attractants added to cut baits

Postby chuckd67 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Does anyone use any types of attractants or scents with your cut baits ? or Do you perfer to do all natural?
Team Exceptional Release
Alumacraft Pro Staff
Bottom Dwellers Tackle Pro Staff
Driftmaster Rod Holders Pro Staff
Blackhorse Custom Rods Pro Staff
chuckd67
CFPro
CFPro

Have thanks: 47 times
Primary Waters Fished: Tennessee River
Name: Chuck
Personal Best Catfish: 85lb Blue / 58lb Flathead

Re: Attractants added to cut baits

Postby Kurtis » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:00 pm

If the fish are bitting then I realy don't bother with an attractant. But when they are slow to take and you have put every thing you can think of in front of them with little luck. I keep a bottle of catfish mojo on the boat and it realy seems to work. I just give my cut bait a little spray before chucking it out there and I have gotten bites when I wasn't getting any before.
Drift Master Rod Holders Pro Staff
Kurtis
CFPro Veteran Member
CFPro Veteran Member

Have thanks: 62 times
Primary Waters Fished: Rivers
Name: Hettinger

Postby Swampy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Catfish attractants go into the same category as stink baits in my book,Worthless junk.
Swampy
CFPro
CFPro

Have thanks: 0 time
Primary Waters Fished: Orange Lake

Postby TnRivershark » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:55 pm

I have never tried them, good to see you post again.
Bottom Dwellers the best catfish tackle shop on the net.
http://www.striperaddiction.com/ For all of your striper fishing needs.
TnRivershark
CFPro Master
CFPro Master

Have thanks: 1 time
Primary Waters Fished: Old Hickory
Name: Kevin
Personal Best Catfish: 60lb. Blue 28 lb. Flattie.

Postby skinfish » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 am

Like alot of things atractants have their time and place just like dip baits. I myself have used them with little sucsess.
Proud member of TEAM SeaArk Boats.
skinfish
CFPro Veteran Member
CFPro Veteran Member

Have thanks: 16 times
Primary Waters Fished: Illionis River/ Mississippi River/Lakes
Name: Doug

Postby abudoc » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:54 am

I have heard of menhaden milk and thought I might try it someday, might help when the bite is slow. Saltwater and striper fisherman use it. I would like to hear if anyone has tried it for cats.
¿ <°)))))>< CPR
CatfishingPro Tech Writer
abudoc
CFPro Master
CFPro Master

Have thanks: 23 times
Name: Dean

Postby Kurtis » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:11 pm

I have never tried the milk (actually it's first I have heard of it) but a couple years ago I got a bottle of Menhaden oil and it seemed to work reel well for channel cats. I put it in a small squeeze bottle and put a little on my bait at a time.
If you close your mind to possibilities then you may be shutting the door on a great fishing trip. When I can't get the bait I want or the bait I have is not what the fish want then what does it hurt to experiment a little. You never know unless you try today may be the day that catfish are only biting on smores.
Kurtis
CFPro Veteran Member
CFPro Veteran Member

Postby abudoc » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Menhaden milk is Menhaden oil, its just blended with something to keep it from rising to the surface.
¿ <°)))))>< CPR
CatfishingPro Tech Writer
abudoc
CFPro Master
CFPro Master

Have thanks: 23 times
Name: Dean

Postby Kurtis » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Well dang if your not careful you learn somthing everyday. Thanks for the information.
Kurtis
CFPro Veteran Member
CFPro Veteran Member

Postby Swampy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:51 am

Kurtis wrote:I have never tried the milk (actually it's first I have heard of it) but a couple years ago I got a bottle of Menhaden oil and it seemed to work reel well for channel cats. I put it in a small squeeze bottle and put a little on my bait at a time.
If you close your mind to possibilities then you may be shutting the door on a great fishing trip. When I can't get the bait I want or the bait I have is not what the fish want then what does it hurt to experiment a little. You never know unless you try today may be the day that catfish are only biting on smores.

Kurtis it's not that I'm close minded I use to try them years back and tried enough of them to know there not worth my time or money. I've heard many say they use shrimp that began to spoil and others say they catch channel cats on frozen bait fish but neither ever worked for me. It could be many reasons why this is the case such as different waters,the amount of fresh bait fish in a body of water or even the PH levels of water. I live in fl and find nothing works like fresh natural baits weather that be worms,bait fish or insects that are native to the area. Like night crawlers imported from other states are no where near as good as the red worms from my worm beds they may be great other places but here red worms from my beds will out do them 20 - 1 . I don't know about other places but here I can net 4 - 5 different baits in a cast net in no time and fresh grass shrimp and minnows in a dip net almost any where I fish. I don't use store bought baits or attractants but that's just me I don't tell others not to try them because it's one of those to each his own kind of things,JMO.
Swampy
CFPro
CFPro

Have thanks: 0 time
Primary Waters Fished: Orange Lake

Next

• Advertisement

Return to General Catfishing Baits